Friday, January 29, 2010

12/29/2010 Brittany

Hello again,

Updating quickly on my promise of more exercise. I just completed my first day of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. The video was decent, minus the ending when Jillian says "You are well on your way to being shredded!" I don't know if I completely understanding what shredded means...I thought the term was shed...not shred. Regardless...

It's a 20 minute work out video with three levels. You begin with Level 1 and work your way up to Level 3. Each 20 minute workout (regardless of level) goes through 3 rotations of: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. A brief warm-up and cool-down are included in the 20 minutes. I like that it switches exercises every 30 seconds to a minute. The moves (at least on Level 1) are easy to follow along with and don't require a lot of balance or flexibility. You are suppose to use a set of weights, but the only sets we have are 15 and 25 lbs...to much weight for me but not my strong husband! Instead, I used soup cans, until I get a chance to go out and buy a smaller set of weights for myself.

I feel pretty good after completing the video, not tired and my muscles feel decent as well. I will update tomorrow morning before class and let you know what getting out of bed was like.

I plan to stay with this video program at least for the 30 days. It's only 20 minutes and I plan to get up before work and do it. I tried to find a calorie burning converter for the video but was unsuccessful. The information I did find made it seem like I am burning between 150-250 calories with each workout. Multiple that by 7 and I am burning between 1,050 - 1, 750 calories each week. Not a ton, but it's better than zero.

Weigh in results tomorrow!
-Brittany B

No comments:

Post a Comment