Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/28/2010 Brittany

Hello all,

Just a quick little update. So far the dieting has been going pretty well, it's the finding time to exercise that is holding me back. I just cannot get up at 5am and workout before work and if I workout before heading to bed I'm awake for like 2 hours trying to calm my adrenalin. This is definitely something I will need to work on.

Pete and I have been working on going for walks, but the bitter cold has hindered that goal as well. We actually did walk on Tuesday afternoon, but only made it once around our complex (maybe like 1/2 a mile). My eyes were watering so bad from the cold that I couldn't see and Pete's ears were almost purple.

Another thing I find myself struggling with is eating enough veggies. I really don't like a lot of veggies, and the ones I do like (peas, carrots, corn) are packed with starch. I am a fruit girl. The only time I enjoy eating veggies is when they are covered in cheddar cheese sauce, drenched in butter or mixed in with my fried rice from Hunan 1. God, I love Hunan 1! If anyone has any suggestions on ways to eat vegetables and enjoy it, let me know...hit me up with some recipes maybe.

As for my other goals, I have been doing ok. My one diet soda a week was fulfilled this afternoon. I used to drink at least 1 soda a day (diet or regular) and since giving that up about 2 months ago, I feel great. I have more energy and I just feel better. Water with a lemon is now my drink of choice. I think it might be the processed garbage the weighs you down (no pun intended). Pete and I have been eating and drinking more organic and I can notice a difference in how I feel too. For starters, we drink organic milk or soy milk, buy unprocessed meat, and buy organic fruits and veggies.

My goal of one sweet per week remains unmet due to my baking of lemon bars (bad idea!) and purchase of Tinker Bell fruit snacks (another bad idea!). I actually gave the fruit snacks to a kid I work with. Made his day and mine, knowing that I won't be temped by their presence in our pantry. So next week, I will work the hardest on this goal, and get a good workout in.



Saturday morning will be my weigh in. Watch for the results.
-Brittany B

2 comments:

  1. Wow, one soda per week...that is impressive! I need to start limiting my soda intake, but I think I'll start by cutting it down to one per day. That should be enough of a challege for me!

    I know what you mean about finding time to exercise. I have to force myself to go straight from work to the gym or I will never do it...I like sleeping too much to get up earlier than I already have to. You can always try little things like parking in the furthest spot away everywhere you go. Every extra step you take each day will make a difference. I have a good intermediate workout DVD that has 5 different 20 min workouts on it. If you want it I'd be happy to send it to you...or you could take it with you when you come visit me :-)

    Can't wait to see your first weigh-in results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not even that fact that I am sleeping instead of working out, it's the fact that I leave either work and have class, work and go to work again, or teach all day and come home to 4 hours of homework. I am doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred as my 20 minutes per day work out video. I'll keep updating and letting you know how it's going.

    ReplyDelete