Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hey Hey

Hey everyone,

This is Brittany (Britt), Pete's wife. I am so excited to be starting this blog with my husband. We are newly married, as of October 24, 2009, and I would love for us to start our marriage off healthy. So, with inspiration from my new sister-in-law, Jenn, we have decided to follow suit and create a blog that documents our journey to lighter, healthier people.

Like Pete stated, this blog is to help us create some accountability for ourselves. We are both overweight, and as embarrassing as it I will disclose my current weight to you now.

I currently weigh 238lbs. Yikers! Though this is not the heaviest I've been (after graduation from High School I was pushing 275), it is not were I want to be. I think I hide my weight well, but the scale doesn't hide it. I also think I suffer from "distorted body image". I don't feel like I weigh almost 240lbs, but sometimes I look at pictures of myself and I think "holy crap, look at my double chin!" And, I don't "feel" fat. It's hard to explain, but I think that might be a reason why I am sometimes shocked when I see pictures of myself. Anyway, I need to make some major changes in my life to get to where I want to be.

As for a goal weight, I don't really have one. One of my goals is to get below 200lbs, and once that weight is gone, it will never come back again! Don't worry, I am not settling for 195, but once I get below 200 I will set more of a goal weight. For right now, 1-2 lbs per week until I get below 200 is my plan.

My lifestyle is currently very hectic, so I plan to make slow changes, since a routine is hard to come by. I will start by cutting calories, unnecessary snacking and sweets. I plan to eat about 1,700 calories a day and start with 2-3 workouts per week. Once May comes around (after graduation) I will begin a more normal life and hopefully settle into more of a routine.

Other random things that I will do to help me lose weight are:
-no eating after 8pm
-one soda per week (diet only)
-max of 15 minutes on Facebook per day and
-only 1-2 sweets per week (I have a major sweet tooth)

Again, Pete and I are so excited to start this blog. Losing weight is something we want to do for ourselves and each other. We would like to have a family someday and we want to be a healthy, active one. So, please comment and help support us in our goal!

-Brittany B





4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Brittany and Pete! I'm so happy for you guys to get healthy. This was the boost I needed myself...as I've been falling off the weight watchers track the last month and gaining some weight back. Its nice to read how committed you both are! Good Luck, I'll be checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Beener and Peener. I'm so excited for your journey!

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decision, guys, and a great title as well! You should TM it.

    My wife made a similar commitment last March, and now 10 months and 80 pounds later she's feeling like she got a new lease on life. Clothes shopping is a lot more fun for her, and me!

    After much consideration she joined Weight Watchers, and that's been really good. It's a reasonable program that teaches you how to eat smarter---no deprivation, just smart decisions. The biggest surprise development is that she's re-discovered how much she loves to cook. And now that food isn't an enemy, she's having a great time in the kitchen again.

    Good luck to both of you. Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to both of you! During a time where I am supposed to gain weight, I still worry about it a lot and about how much I will have to work on it once these boys are born. I will be coming to you for advice.

    ReplyDelete