Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello

before i tell you a little bit about myself and my wife, can i just tell you how pumped i am that there is spell check up in this mutha.

This blog will be created my myself, pete, and my beautiful wife, brittany. i'm not too sure how this will work or how often we will have time to update it, but i think it is important to have some kind of accountability for what we are tyring to do. today pete is writing, but i'm sure britt will contribute as well. you will be able to tell when britt is writing because it will make much more sense and not be the ramblings of an overweight lunatic. maybe that should have been the title of this blog

a while ago my wife and i decided to lose weight, like so many people i am grossly over weight and need to make a change in my life. i know that i will cheat and not do the work if i have no accountability, and my wife loves me too much to be hard on my about my weight. i know that i am not healthy and i want a long happy life with my wife and someday with my kids. i have for so long said that i will start "tomorrow", so that's where the title comes from. I am so sick of "tomorrow" so it is now "today".

so i want to come clean about a few things right off the top and make a few confessions and put myself out there. and as we go along i'm sure i will disclose more about myself.
~i have tried to eat a dozen Krispy Kream donughts without anyone knowing and ditched the evidence in a gas station garbage can.
~i am so out of shape that i vomited in the sink after doing a 20 min work out video. 20 min of a level one (whatever that means) work out video. that's sad.
~i can't believe that i am going to admit this for everyone to see...but my current weight, right now, on 1/23/2010 at 1:08pm is...375lbs. wow, i know, i didn't think it would be that high either.

i am not the counting calories kind of guy, so don't expect to see that kind of thing. i am more of a short term goals kind of guy which, hopefully, will lead to bigger goals and a healthy lifestyle. what you can expect from me, is a weekly weigh in and post. i want to put myself out there, i want to have accountability to someone, or something...even if it is to a blog that no one reads.

so this week my goal is to not eat ANY fast food. this is pretty big for me. i love fast food but it has to go. also, i want to use the work out area at our complex at least 3 times this week and go for more walks with britt...that one will be easy. so i think that is a good start.

work out song of the day: Lover, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckly...or Jamie Cullum...it's so hard for me to decide between the two.

my work out songs are very different from most peoples, i hate going into gyms and they have some death metal blasting from the sound system...so annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Yeay Petey B! I am so proud of you (and Britt) for committing to losing weight! I subscribed to your blog so I can get updates when you make new posts. I'll be sure to pester you if you haven't posted in a while too. I can't wait to see you when you come to visit...maybe Luke will get motivated to lose some weight when he sees how great you're looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck guys!! So glad to hear you are taking on this challenge. Next time the Weekenders are over NO Papa John's. We all know Pa will only have one piece anyway! LOL Seriously we wish you well on your journey to better health. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete